<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7690481?origin\x3dhttp://llsafll.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
A day in the life of.......
Couldn’t think of a better title other then that. My mind jumped back to the memories of the BPS Post under Eoin, Arathi, Cheryl, Adonis and the rest of the publications team. Regardless life in the office is back to the same slow crawl again. Back to steaming hot cups of coffee every morning, regular cups of green tea at zero cost.

Today started bad with a bad start. The clock rang at 7 as usual. I refused to get up because I was just plain tired. I got up at 7.45 and was technically screaming “Shit I’m going to be late!” in my mind. Hoping to see some breakfast on the table was a long shot because Gaya forgot I had work today. O well…anyway I quickly grabbed my work clothes, packed the bed used the toilet and rushed out of the house by 8 sharp. Got on the bus and fell asleep until I arrived at J8 at 8.25am.

I caught the MRT and I could have sworn the train was on the different side of the platform then it usually should be. I heard snippets of “True Colours” at almost every station, how irritating.

I stoned most of the MRT ride away. My mind floating to non-important matters. Life at poly, music, romance and what not rubbish a person can think of. Most of it was on the commitments I’m going to make in my work and daily life. RESPONSIBILITY, UNDERSTANDING and PATIENCE. The motives to which I plan to govern my life and my various problems. Although I stand on the best period of time in my teenage life so far there is more beyond the horizon….

The walk to SGX T2 was not much of a exciting thing to describe unless you count watching cars , the mess of people. That reminds me of a play on the Nokia catch phrase. Everyone’s talking. Watching all my fellow rats in the rat race reminded me of Everybody’s walking instead lol. Call me a sucker for photography cause I really wanted to take a picture of everyone walking in the same direction from behind. It looked cool to a varying degree.

Well sat down at my desk after walking in the front door and greeting the CSO at the main desk. I did the usual. Start the PC get a cup of Coffee, unlock my desk and pull out the necessary. Fill in the timesheet and what not haves I. I read the news for a while and kept myself occupied for a while and handling some work. At 11.30 I wished Joven good luck for his exam. I hope he did well.

12pm- I’m still at my desk! Why? Was talking to Amelia , Tammy’s friend, sorry Amelia don’t recall your last name my bad, on meebo. She kept typing backwards and it was a bugger deciphering her typing.

12.15pm- I finally got out of the office and locked my desk for lunch. I walked to Lau Pa Sat and went o shit Ash Wednesday what am I doing? Eventually my stomach got the better of me regardless if I missed Breakfast and I walked around. I decided to try the new sandwich place. “Simply Sandwich”. While it tasted good I must remember NEVER to go back there unless I feel rich. The sandwiches are $8.50. My gosh..so expensive.

After eating I walk across the road to MPH and read some books till 1.15.

1.15pm- I walk back to the office and activate my terminal again. I got my stuff out and began to work again not before Amelia messaged me on Meebo the moment I logged on. After about 20 minutes I got back down to work and its been a lonely afternoon all the way to 3.30pm

3.30pm- At my desk I tell myself I’d go out for a walk but I didn’t want to and continued to type and day dream. Reading Wikipedia about Narnia, Epic Movie and all sorts of crap. Eventually got sick of reading and decided I’d get to typing out my blog entry for today.

4.21pm- Well what do you know..i’ve been typing this entry for 30 minutes! Man recounting the day really can take some time!

Off log.

While anyway while I was at MPH I was reading some self improvement book and I feel quite inspired. How to put full concentration and be at a peace of mind and how to have a healthy relationship with one’s friends, family and girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse. Quite an interesting read it kept me occupied for 30 minutes at lunch. Must have been some book yeah?

I feel like taking off tomorrow because I don’t feel like working but taking time off to be with my old friends before I start poly in April. Then again I need the money because if I don’t work I’m stark broke and left with absolutely nothing to do. Who would have known my work schedule would have caused impairment to the plans to be made? What a torment. Thank God I’m allowed to take off when I need to but I don’t want to be unfair to my colleagues. If I need to I guess I will take off. As of today my bank account has finally reached the $1k mark! Yeah wonderful stuff. How nice the number though…$1004 and something cents.

Darn 4.30pm now…come on time speed up a bit..won’t you cut me some slack! I’m bored to death here and I long to hear and see a friendly face. I might be attending Ash Wednesday mass with Brennan later at 7pm if I can make it back to Thomson by then. Hopefully I do because today is Ash Wednesday.

Suddenly I realize how short on time I really am. Saturday is rite of election and I haven’t practiced flute for nearly 3 days. I got class again on Saturday morning. That leaves me effectively 3 hours sharp to prepare for mass!! How in the world can I adjust my lips to play after lesson in just 3 hours! O man…

I haven’t practiced my scales and neither have I practiced my pieces in the past 3 days except on Sunday when I played Menuetto e Trio with bro. I’m sure that piece is going to be stuck in my head for a long time…

Argh..4.33pm only….Maybe I might really go and take a walk..I’m sick of sitting behind this desk…how am I going to survive another 4 weeks? Ah……….

Maybe I’ll upload now….sigh that leaves me with another 1hr 30 minutes to stay busy…bleagh….

2/21/2007 04:31:00 pm